Can Panasonic DMR-EZ45 copy a (non-copyrighted) dvd from av2 external dvd player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rosie71, Jan 15, 2008.

1. rosie71

rosie71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone help please...I have a panasonic dvd/vcr recorder model dmr-ez45vebs. I want to make duplicates of my dvds which were originally home-made camcorder videos. I connected a Toshiba dvd player to the panasonic's av2 scart socket. So far so good. The panasonic picks up the 'play' signal fine from the Toshiba, but I can't record this onto a new disc...! :(

when I press record on the panasonic as the disc is playing from the toshiba, I get a message from the recorder displayed on the tv screen that says 'copyright content detected, unable to record' - how can I get round this?? Obviously there's no copyright on the disc. I've had a look through the threads here and the 'Ext Link' function is mentioned re. recording using AV2 from sky/cable etc..should I try that? :confused:

thanks in advance! :)

2. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    the best way to make a straight copy of a disc is to use a computer, using a programme such as Nero Burning Rom.

it's less time consuming and you'll get identical resultant copies, instead of slightly degraded copies if you did it the way you're trying.

but that of course depends on you having a DVD writer and burning software in your computer.

3. rosie71

rosie71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I will probably end up doing that, just wondered if anyone had come across this problem. :)

4. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    I too would use a pc for this

use dvd decrypter ( a free program )

iso read the original to hard drive on the pc

iso write the image from the pc hard drive to a blank disk

job done

5. rosie71

rosie71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok will give it a try! :thumbsup:

6. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The DMR-EZ45VEBS should be able to copy these DVD's from the Toshiba. Perhaps it is because you have unrecorded spaces in the original DVD made from the camcorder recordings.
    This unable to copy message has come across when I have been copying VHS tapes which had unrecorded spaces due to compilation from other tapes.

I would check with Panasonic why you cannot copy these DVD's from Home Camcorder tapes.

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/customer-Support/contact-email.asp

7. rosie71

rosie71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Royold, I have sent my question to Panasonic and will post their response here. :)