Can Only Watch TV With DVD Recorder Switched Off!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rustylt1, Aug 22, 2006.

1. rustylt1

rustylt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Newbie question here, hope someone can help.

Returned a faulty Technika 2005 and got a Crown CDVDRW300 DVD recorder to replace it. Set it up according to manual. I can watch and record TV channels through the DVD recorder but when I press the AV button on my TV remote to watch TV when the DVD recorder is on, all I can get is an out of tune/floating picture of whatever channel the DVD is tuned into. Once the DVD is switched to off/standby, the TV pictures resume to normal.

I have no Sky/Freeview or anything, just the main aeriel going into the back of the DVD, a scart between the two and the cable from the TV output on the DVD to the VHF/UHF socket on the TV (a Samsung TV/Video combi 14").

I returned the machine and was given another but it is doing the same thing. I had no problems with the Technika machine.

Any ideas? I don't really want to return this machine as well in case it is something really basic I have done wrong!:confused:

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,532
    You shouldn't need to press the AV button on the TV remote...Pressing the AV button is selecting the DVDR as the input source...Isn't there a button marked "TV" on the TV remote?...or press the Prog or Chan up button.

3. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Yes, try pressing "1" and see if you get a TV channel.

4. rustylt1

rustylt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it sorted, many thanks for your help. There is a small TV/DVD button on the the DVD remote which I didn't haveom the Technika remote. :thumbsup: