Can only view limeted channels while recording

Loofah

My understanding was that you could record a channel and watch another simultaneously? Well at the moment I'm recording The Apprentice and can only view a very limited selection of other channels rather than the full list. Any ideas as to why? I have a quad lnb with dual cables attached to the freesat pvr box...

mbell

What happens when you press the info button to view your signal status? Are you detecting good signals on both channels?

crockett

Sounds like the receiver thinks you are looping through your LNB inputs and is only showing channels on the same polarity as the 1st input.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
My understanding was that you could record a channel and watch another simultaneously? Well at the moment I'm recording The Apprentice and can only view a very limited selection of other channels rather than the full list. Any ideas as to why? I have a quad lnb with dual cables attached to the freesat pvr box...

Two suggestions

1 you installed the stb using only 1 cable and then added the second. The second cable's prescence is not automatically recognised so you need to do one of the following

Factory reset - watch for 2 cables recognised message

or

Change Connection mode in the secret menu

Enter the setup menu
Press RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE GREEN YELLOW BLUE

Change connection mode to 2 cables (same)

2 The 2nd cable is connected to the wrong connection. (The 2 outer ones are the correct ones). If so put right an do the above

Incidentally depeding on what you are recording, even when recording two there should be a selection of 3rd channels you can watch, under the right circumstances you can watch any channel while recording two

Last edited:

Loofah

Hi, sorry for the delay in saying thanks - but thanks! Factory reset seems to have fixed it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom