1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can nebula digi-TV record direct to DVD?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by John_N, Jul 17, 2003.

1. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Now I've almost built my HTPC mark II with a DVD burner, I was wondering whether the nebula card I have installed will allow me to "record" directly to a DVD-RW disk (not for PVR use since I doubt the DVD recorder unit will record and play at the same time!! - just straight recording of programmes).

Is there any software out there that will allow me to access a DVD-RW just like a normal drive and add and remove files to and from it just like a floppy? Then I could just set the nebula storage directory to that.....

Feedback?
    J

2. 485901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you can write directly to DVDRW exactly as you can to your hard drive but you won't be able to play these discs on a stand alone DVD player, only on your PC. I've had good results doing this using a Sony DWU-10A and using Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD creator.

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do I need special software to do this - ie to somehow tell my PC that I am able to write and drop files onto the DVD drive?

4. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Nero InCD will create a UDF disc from a CD or DVD, allowing all normal file operations.
    However I tried using a UDF disc with Nebula and found the files did not play correctly when burned directly. Put them on HDD first, then simply copy with drag'n'drop or Windows Explorer, and all is well. WinXP and Win2K can read UDF directly. InCD is downloadable from www.nero.com

5. 485901

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried using InCD and it didn't work to well. I've since installed Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD software suite ( a whopping £5+vat from scan.co.uk ) and it works a treat.