1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my standard plasma get hi def with the xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by artois, Sep 16, 2005.

1. artois

artois

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi folks, :hiya:

I have a 42" plasma tv which is not hd ready as far as I am aware.

It does however have a vga port and says in the manual that the tv supports 1280 x 1024 inputs.

If I buy the vga cable for the xbox will this allow me to play the games in hi def or will i still be out of luck?

I have searched the web high and low but cant seem to find a definitive answer on this subject.

I dont really know much about this so maybe ive got it all wrong but I assume that as my pc is connected to the plasma through the vga and I can get resolutions from 800x600 through to 1280x1024 (I play half life 2 at 1280x1024)

Will you be able to choose the output from the xbox 360?

I have noticed that people goin on about 720p on the original xbox. Is there anyway I can set iit to that to try? I can change between pal and ntsc with enigmah but thats all I could see.

Ive just ordered the vga cabe to go with my new console so any light that can be shown on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :lease:

2. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    If you told us which plasma you have we could look up the specifications & then answer your questions.

3. artois

artois

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    My Plasma model is the Tiny Focus 4200 42"