Can My Samsung TV use bluetooth to connect to Samsung Soundbar?

Zeke

Novice Member
Hi all,

I am new here so hope my post has not been answered elsewhere. Our tv is a Samsung UE40C5100QWXXU, about 10 years old. We also have a Samsung Sound Bar. A few days ago, a BT engineer attended our home to check on a BTTV fault. He inadvertently stood on the cable between the Sound Bar and the TV and snapped the connection. Whilst BT are prepared to compensate us for the "minor damage" and do NOT send a tv engineer to put it right, the onus is on us to replace the part/cable/socket. It has been suggested, however, that it might be possible to connect the sound bar via bluetooth. I guess my question is, would our tv be compatible in this way, or is it too old? Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanking you all in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
To answer your question, no, your TV does not have Bluetooth Audio out.
Which part has broken? Can you upload a picture?

Zeke

Novice Member
To answer your question, no, your TV does not have Bluetooth Audio out.
Which part has broken? Can you upload a picture?
Hi JayCee, thanks so much for replying. The part that is broken is the Digital Audio Out connection that was on the tv, at the end of the lead:-(. The little part that has snapped has RAYTRON on it.
I agree our TV is probably too old to adapt via Bluetooth and have since heard suggestions that that is not the best option for our tv anyway.
Thank you again.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If the optical out port (and not simply the optical plug at the end of the optical cable) that will be an expensive repair.

Zeke

Novice Member
If the optical out port (and not simply the optical plug at the end of the optical cable) that will be an expensive repair.
Oh dear, well we have an engineer coming out now as it is beyond our abilities - he cannot attend until next Monday though. When you say expensive, what are we looking at do you think please?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If the optical socket on the TV is broken the set would probably need a new Mainboard, (I doubt an engineer would just replace the socket as the print around it is probably damaged).
As to cost you'll need to ask the engineer and it remains to be seen if the main board is still available as a spare part due to the age of the TV.
If it turns out to be just the end of the optical lead that's broken with no damage to the optical socket a new optical lead only costs a few quid.

KBD

suggestions that that is not the best option
Bluetooth Audio to soundbars is alright for stuff like streaming Music, but in my experience it's just a stopgap for viewing TV.

Zeke

Novice Member
If the optical socket on the TV is broken the set would probably need a new Mainboard, (I doubt an engineer would just replace the socket as the print around it is probably damaged).
As to cost you'll need to ask the engineer and it remains to be seen if the main board is still available as a spare part due to the age of the TV.
If it turns out to be just the end of the optical lead that's broken with no damage to the optical socket a new optical lead only costs a few quid.
Dear JayCee, Thanks again for replying so promptly. We appreciate your knowledge and advice and certainly have more idea now for when the engineer attends next week.

Zeke

Novice Member
Bluetooth Audio to soundbars is alright for stuff like streaming Music, but in my experience it's just a stopgap for viewing TV.
Thank you KBD for reading and replying; we appreciate your advice very much.

KBD

I fumbled around with Bluetooth from a LG TV To a LG soundbar & finally decided BT is just not for me.
There's the lag & if I recall, I couldn't get more than Stereo audio, two channels is a dealbreaker!

Zeke

Novice Member
Hi KBD, thanks for your comments/advice. We are beginning to think it might be a new mainboard - if still available from Samsung...

KBD

This is just my opinion, but I think a decade-old TV is in line to be replaced.
My last TV started having little fits at 11 years, didn't want to be turned on & things like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom