Can JVC eshift projectors display 4K UHD blu rays ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dvd76, Mar 18, 2018.

1. dvd76

dvd76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Can the eshift JVC model projectors display 4K blu rays, such as X500 eshift and X55 eshift2 players? I’m struggling to find the answer on google. If they can what resolution would this be in?
    Thanks

2. unreel

unreel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +273
  3. dhts

dhts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    I think you'd need an x5000 or later, to support the copy protection used by uhd bluray. Bear in mind there's really little to be gained by the resolution increase alone, the main benefits for projector owners is the wider colour gamut and to a lesser extent HDR both of which are getting incrementally better with each release of a new projector and these are only supported well on the more recent JVCs. UHD's really in my view need all three supported (resolution, WCG, HDR) by the projector otherwise you're just into a heap of adjustments as the picture is tweaked down to whatever the projector supports. I've a true 4k projector which doesn't support WCG or HDR and each time I've tried to embrace a UHD bluray I've just given up. It's really not about the resolution.

4. deanoak

deanoak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a JVC DLA-RS500 which is identical to the 7000 model except for the lens bezel which is gold colour. You can play UHD bluray's on it on 16:9 format letterbox style. However the projector greys out the anamorphic modes so you cannot show films in true cinemascope on 2.40:1 ratio screens with an anamorphic lens. I have also found out that the Marantz 8802A processor cannot downscale to HD either.

5. dvd76

dvd76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the updates :thumbsup: