1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can ISF improve Freeview in 435XDE?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by yellowpostit, Jul 7, 2005.

1. yellowpostit

yellowpostit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My first post...Read a lot about how great ISF is, and how the Freeview performance on the 435XDE is not as good as the PV500. I prefer the XDE for looks and media box, so I wondered, would ISF calibration improve the Freeview on the XDE? I haven't actually seen an XDE demo'd with a good freeview source yet, so it might not be as bad as all that, but if it was, maybe ISF would sort it. I'd probably have ISF done eventually anyway, when my wallet has recovered from buying an XDE.

One other question, just so i get it - i thought Freeview was digital, and being digital, it's either displayed or not (or pixelated). How can the Freeview on the PV500 be better than the XDE? Does it have more blocky pixels? Or is it 'fuzzier' some how, because if so, maybe i've missed the point of digital!

Cheers
    yellowpostit

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I really wouldn't be too worried about the Pio PQ if you have a good feed from a good aerial and a good sky signal. I too was really concerned with all of the negative comments on this forum about this set but I am totally happy with mine :smashin:

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    You need to see it to know if you like it or not, as ikon says above he has no problem with it, but personally I hated the one I had and outed it in under a week.

4. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Hi Yellowpostit,

Yep,I was planning to have mine ISF'd as soon as it had reached the magic 200 hours,but with a good aerial (new,but in a relatively poor reception area) and after using DVE to set up the picture I am so delighted I've not gone any further.Some may feel I cannot be too demanding,but I was tought how to set up a picture by my dad who was an EIC at the BBC so I do ask the screen to perform.Boy,does it perform,no problems whatsoever now it's set up properly.Ultimately though it's you who has to decide whether you're happy or not.

Regards
    Ian

5. yellowpostit

yellowpostit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks chaps. That's put the XDE back on top for me!

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    Go and have a look at all the screens available before you buy anything.
    I bet you spend more time watching TV than you do in your car, and would you buy a car without looking at it first?

7. yellowpostit

yellowpostit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would do, but i'm finding it hard to find somewhere near me (Nottingham) that will either (1) let me see a demo at all, or (2) have them set up (like John Lewis), but with carp Freeview feeds.

I would ask if anyone new somewhere in London (where I'm working at the moment) where I could demo them, but London's a right-off at the moment!

8. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    ISF will definitely improve the quality of freeview. Mine was transformed by it and I dont expect it to be any different on a pio.

9. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Yellowpostit
    Ive a mate with the xde and to be honest the sky picture on his isnt very good at all so you do really need to see freeview before you part with the cash unless the place you get it from will swap it out for a different screen if you arnt happy.