Can Iphone 13 get scratched on a wireless charger? How to check if there are scratches?

nina333

Novice Member
Reaction score
I put my new Iphone 13pro without case on a plastic lamp with wireless charger and while trying to find the wireless spot I was moving the phone front and back many times and realized the cameras are touching and rubbing against the plastic. Is it possible to scratch it this way? And how to properly check and find out if there is no scratch? Are all scratches easily visible to normal eye? Thanks!View attachment 1625327

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 3.30.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 3.30.01 PM.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 49
Yes, any scratches would be visible with the naked eye.
The camera lenses are raised so unlikely to make contact.

Yes, any scratches would be visible with the naked eye.
The camera lenses are raised so unlikely to make contact.
thanks! you think so? to me it looks like because they are so raised so the corners of the cameras are touching the surface when without case on the table.

The camera lenses are round. There are no corners in circles.
The lenses are slightly recessed on the rear surface.
Do you really think Apple would provide no protection to the lenses when laid flat on a surface?

Sorry not sure what u mean by recessed. The gold rings are much lower then the camera glass, the whole camera lens are totally sticking out without any protection when you dont have a phone cover. When lying flat on surface the left "corner" of the bottom lens circle is definitelly touching the surface. Maybe not whole lens but the left(or right depends which side u looking at) part of it. Thats why i was suprised I do not see any protection of the lenses when lying flat what ppl do i am sure often. My old samsung has a metal thin square around the lens what was higher then the lens glass.

The wireless pad should be small enough that any parts of the phone that protrude from the back such as a lens are over the sides. A wireless pad that’s as big as the phone will potentially mean it’s not flat on it so unlikely to charge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom