Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Can i ??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vince, Jan 13, 2005.

1. vince

vince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi gang ,
    can i put 256sdram memory into a (if i have a spare slot) into a pentium 2 350mz, 8 gig(very old) with 128sdram giving me a total of 384 sdram..or will it blow the pc up
    best regards

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It won't blow up the PC :) .. I *think* you can mix different memory sizes but it's a long time since I played with SDRAM and I'm not sure when the restriction of using the same memory size no longer applied. Try it, at worst it'll not boot, in which case just take out the 128Mb, at least you'll have a 256Mb machine.

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the memory is slower than that in the machine and it works then it will slow all the memory down, memory of this type ran at 66MHz and 100MHz.

If they dont work together then you should be able to put the 256 in on its own still giving you double the memory.

You cant damage it when you fit it but take precautions in that you should turn the pc off at the plug but leave it plugged in then you can earth yourself on the metal pc case before handling the static sensitive memory.