Can i watch one freeview channel and record another?

joemit1

Standard Member
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? I've recently bought a dvd recorder with hard drive capacity:
Sony RDRHXD870B
DVD Recorder / Hard Disc Drive Combi with Freeview in Black.

I'm having difficulty recording one freeview channel and watching another. So far, I've managed to record a freeview channel and watch an analogue channel but I can't watch freeview and record freeview. Is this possible? I've looked through the instructions but can't find an answer! Any help would be much appreciated!:(

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Watching 1 Freeview channel and recording another one requires two digital tuners...unless your TV has a digital tuner you cannot do this...the easiest solution is to buy a cheap Freeview box and connect it to your TV...that way you can watch a Freeview channel on that while your DVDR records a different one using its Freeview tuner.

joemit1

Standard Member
Thanks jaycee, much appreciate your advice. The Tv i have doesn't have built in freeview but i have updated from a freeview box to the dvd recorder, i'll just use another scart lead and connect up my old freeview receiver also. Thanks again, joeymitch:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom