Can I use UK Freeview box in Spain OK?

Naith

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone tell me for sure whether I can use a Freeview box (bought in the UK) here in Spain to pick up free Spanish channels...

Someone said because the PAL standards are different it probably wouldn't work.

(I'd like to buy the Wharfedale box that's on offer in Argos.)

Many thanks,

Nathan

If it's connected to a TV via SCART (preferably using RGB) there shouldn't be any problem.
Do make sure that the STB's tuner can handle their channel spacing as it may be different from UK - but most allow for this in both software and chipset.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Hi

"If it's connected to a TV via SCART (preferably using RGB) there shouldn't be any problem."

What do you mean by "preferably using RGB"? Aren't all scart leads the same?

"Do make sure that the STB's tuner can handle their channel spacing as it may be different from UK"

Will the Wharfedale DV832B top box be capable of this?

Many thanks for your help :)

Nathan

Why not just buy a receiver in Spain?..they had plenty at 39 Euro's in Carrefour on my last visit.

Yes the Wharfedale will work OK in Spain, but the same aerial/reception rules apply as in the UK.

I'd rather buy something that gets good write-ups than a 40 euro box that isn't that good. Is there a difference in quality between them or are they all about the same, quality wise?

Cheers,

Nathan

Difficult to comment on the quality,I have a " 40 Euro " receiver from Carrefour, it works fine, both in Spain and in the UK, indeed the menu is far better than any UK receiver that I have tried.

Your choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom