Can I use two sim cards for one number?

Atchi123

Novice Member
Hi
I have an integrated car phone system but it only fits some old [email protected] nokias. I wqas wondering if its possible to have another sim card for the same mobile number so that when I am in th car I can use the [email protected] nokia and when I am out and about I can use my normal phone without having to swap the same SIM every time I want to use the car system. Any thoughts?
Ta

hot-fuzz

Distinguished Member
I thoguht about this once, but how would it work if someone called the number.

Which phone would ring ? Would they both ring ?

Dont think it would work. 2 sims for 1 account, but different numbers is probably the closest you would get.

ma1234

Novice Member
Vodafone do an option called multi-sim, you use a short code to tell the network which phone is in use. One number and 2 sims, I also believe Orange have something similar for business customers.

C

clonmult

Vodafone do an option called multi-sim, you use a short code to tell the network which phone is in use. One number and 2 sims, I also believe Orange have something similar for business customers.

That they do, but having experienced it, there are definitely potential issues (for business customers) with ways of working to get voicemail/redirection to work properly.

Atchi123

Novice Member
Sounds at least like something I can explore. Thanks guys!

J

jrturbo

Hi there

What you want is dependant of your phone operator network, for example , I live in spain and my father has merc with a car phone, he walked in to the nearest movistar phone shop and they supplied him with a second sim card which has the same number, and that card is fitted to his carphone.

When he recieves an incoming call both phones ring, ie his mobile and his carphone, unless one is switched off.

But not every phone network offers suplicate simcards for the same number, vodaphone in spain for example last year did not.

Contact yout phone operator customer services and they will advise you whether what you require is possible.

regards

Joe Rubido