1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use PVR8000T to record analogue channel?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by alfiejts, Jul 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. alfiejts

alfiejts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just bought a Humax PVR8000T as a PVR.

I never thought about it before but it seems that it can only receive and record digital channels.

I was just assuming that I could use it to record from my SKy box, either using the Scart feed or by tuning the PVR8000T in to the analogue Sky channel output that is coming through the aerial lead into the Humax box.

Looking at the book though, it looks like the VCR scart is "output only" and even though the Sky signal is coming into the box, you can't set the "recording channel" to AV.
    Nor can you set one of the manual PVR8000 channels to the analogue "channel 25" signal (or 583250 frequency) that I am using to send the Sky signal around my aerial network.

Has anyone managed to do this or was I just naive in thinking that I'd be able to make the box record this signal....

Thanks,
    Graham. :oops:

2. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    ...you were naive...

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    NO

None of the Freeview pvr's can - you need a dvd/hdd recorder.