• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can i use my usb port on my tv for audio?

CBJM

Standard Member
I've been looking at some new headphones and I think I've finally found a pair I like, I've just learnt that they have to be plugged into a USB to hear the audio so my question is can I use these headphones on the USB port on my tv? if its any use the USB is 7.1

+ if not any suggestions on headphones that are £50 / $75 they will be used mainly for movies and music. (ones that can be used on tvs, iPods etc..)

sergiup

Distinguished Member
I very much doubt it - TVs will usually only recognise storage devices and maybe a couple of WiFi adapters on their USB ports.

As for headphones for £50, do you have any ideas about weight, comfort, the type of sound (in terms of bass, mid accuracy etc)?

CBJM

Standard Member
Sorry! I was meant to delete this post, my Internet is a b*ch so I couldn't.

it's just gone threw my mind that my tv is a 3D tv so I can't wear the glasses and the headphones at the same time, I've decided to go for some earphones.
I only bought a pair of earphones a few months ago for £20 so I doubt there is any point in spending loads on another pair that may or may not be better.

I've just be listening to some 3D audio things on YouTube and they work great so I think I'll just stick with my headphones, I just need to buy an extension cable for them so I won't have to sit so close to the tv lol.

If sound quality does vary on earphones could you suggest a pair of earphones good for movies?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom