1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use my old Sub with new Kefs 2005

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by CTID, Dec 28, 2003.

1. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Stumbled across this forum from thedvdforums, and glad I did, some great technical information :D Spot on and just what I have been needing.

Anyway, I'm after a set of kef 2005 to replace my mish mash afffair I've got at the mo. I've got some Mordant Shorts MS5.10 fronts, Mordant Shorts MSB 20 rears and a warfedale centre. Sub is an Eltax A-8 and Amp a denon 3802.

I have asked in the for sale bit to see if anyone has some, otherwise creative audio have 5 without a sub for £395. Could I get away with my etax sub and is my amp ok for the 2005 or would a lower model be better?

Any help would be v. v. appreciated :smashin:

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi ctid

Welcome to the forum.
    The amp would partner the 2005's very well and you'll find many members on this forum use this exact combination (including myself last year). The Sub would of course work well to but upgrading would reap benefits a plenty across the whole sound spectrum. Try the forum ads here and stick a wanted thread up to (someone maybe tempted to sell) but try ebay to. In ebay run a search for KEF and SUBWOOFER and you should find plenty.

The old KEF PSW2000 was never seen as very good however as it was a bit boomy, but the new MKII sub seems to have resolved the issues. The old satellites where excellent.

Good luck

CH

3. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    cheers for that cool-hand. If I don't have any joy on the classifieds I'm going to go for the set of 5 from creative and then wait for a sub.

Reasurring lots of folks have the denon/kef setup. I strayed into a Bose outlet shop over xmas and was almost tempted :blush:

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Tempted to what :D

5. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    :D :D
    If you had seen the sales girl "looking after me" you wouldn't be asking :smoke:

I did enjoy the demonstration room they had set-up. tons better then my local sound organisation If my wife hadn't rescued me with our 2 bored toddlers I may have joined the dark side :devil:

:smoke:

6. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi

Out of interest - has anyone tried the eggs with a servo 15? I'm very tempted as i'm going to get a whole new set up for my front room. However, i would be very interested to hear anyones ideas!