Can I use my JBL speakers with my Panasonic TX-32LZD80?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by drasik, Feb 6, 2009.

1. drasik

drasik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This is my first time using this forum as I have just bought a new Panasonic TX-32LZD80 LCD TV and I could do with some help/advise please.

My question is:- am I able to use my JBL Multimedia Spot 2.1 Powered Speakers & Subwoofer which I use with my PC on my LCD TV as I have tried putting the mini jack cable into the headphone jack socket of the tv but I get sound coming through the speakers of the JBL but it is very very weak and there is nothing really coming out of the subwoofer (no volume control).

I'm running my tv through cable (Virgin Media/V+ Box) with a HDMI cable running from the tv to the V+ Box. Are there any obviouse settings I need to change on my tv as I just tried my headphones and I get weak sound in them but also it is playing through the external tv speakers at the same time, I've looked at the instrustion manual but I can't seem to work it out plus this makes me wonder if it can't be done using HDMI setup.

Any help would be brilliant as I have know idea what can and can't be achieved with these tv's.

Thanks.

(JBL Spot 2.1 Powered Satellite Speakers and Subwoofer - Apple Store (U.K.))
    :confused:

2. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Hi,
    No doubt this kit looks very nice set up next to your Tv,but,the amplifiers in the set just aint set up to deal with external speakers other than headphones,they are not powerful enough.
    Im no techie,but I wouldn't leave the speakers connected in this way for too long in fear of damaging the sets internal amps and thereby losing your Tv's sound altogether.
    You need a separate amp.for your speaker system. Have a look on Richer sounds site.

Good Luck,

KH

3. Jim1234

Jim1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a headphone volume control in the menu somewhere?
    I attach my active speakers to my tv via the headphone jack when i want to watch a film and they work just fine and dandy.
    I had a look in the manual for your tv and it is in there!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009