Can I use earbuds for phone calls on my iPhone, music on my Mac, and listening to my old TV?

Richard47

Standard Member
Hi,
I'm not a techie, so I'm sure my question will sound weird.

I'm looking for wireless earbuds (or headphones?) that I can use for:

1. My iPhone (7 plus) - I only use the right ear.
2. To listen to my old non-smart RCA TV. Attached is a photo of the back.
3. Listen to music on my desktop Mac.

If I buy AirPods, or something similar, could they be set-up to work?
Many thanks! :)
8644EE77-6B1C-4044-B8C6-F3A4D6E86A6C.jpeg

LEPORELLO

Thank you, yes, that makes sense.
I wondered if AirPods (or similar) come with a USB I could plug in to the TV...
AirPods and most wireless earbuds are completely wireless so you'll struggle with that. You might be able to buy a usb bluetooth dongle that you could plug into the TV.

Other options, either buy some AirPods to use with your apple devices and use some cheap wired headphones for the TV. Or you could buy some bluetooth headphones that come with a headphone cable which will give you everything in one package.

Last edited:

Richard47

Standard Member
AirPods and most wireless earbuds are completely wireless so you'll struggle with that. You might be able to buy a usb bluetooth dongle that you could plug into the TV.

Other options, either buy some AirPods to use with your apple devices and use some cheap wired headphones for the TV. Or you could buy some bluetooth headphones that come with a headphone cable which will give you everything in one package.
Many thanks, yes, that makes sense.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Make sure you get some headphones that are easy to re-pair - or will link to 3 devices at the same time. If not, you might find you need to use a pin to initiate pairing, or put them in the charging case and close the lid 3 times or whatever to trigger pairing with the new device each time you want to change the source.

Richard47

Standard Member
Amazon product
you could use something like this for your TV with hp out.
Make sure you get some headphones that are easy to re-pair - or will link to 3 devices at the same time. If not, you might find you need to use a pin to initiate pairing, or put them in the charging case and close the lid 3 times or whatever to trigger pairing with the new device each time you want to change the source.
Thank you, that looks perfect!

Richard47

Standard Member
Thank you, excellent advice!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom