Can i use coax for remote only

sallyarchbell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm replacing my sky hd with a Humax Foxsat HDR. I'm running a new scart to my bedroom tv. Is there a devise that will let me utilise my existing coax that i previously used for the digi eye but just for the remote signals?
Seems a waste to go for a wireless system like the piramid type when the coax is already there.
Thanks
Sally

Thanks for reply

Needs to be plug and play, not up to making anything. I'd hoped there was a coax wired alternative to the Marmitek PowerMid.Just in case i had range/interferance problems going the wireless route.

I think there IS something that substitutes for the Sky RF2 Out and "magic eye" system - try a Google for it.

Been googleing all afternoon, not found anything yet.
Anyone used the Marmitek Powermid xl ?

Try this one; Tvlink Plus

I've used Powermids and they're as good as any, but there are many alternatives - Google IR Extender.

Just to clarify (i'm not at all techy) How do i connect it up. I'm unclear as to what happens at the Humax foxsat end of the coax.

The IR signal comes back down the cable the same as it does with a "magic eye" and then goes into an emitter which sends it to the device it has to control.
Here are alternatives and a lot more detail - look down especially to "Non-Sky extenders": Satellite tv remote control extenders.

Just to clarify, there is no coax out from the Humax receivers. How do you plan to get the video/audio signals to your "far" TV?

Hi
Running a new scart lead, just need cheap way to use the remote.I also have a ethernet cable between the humax and second tv if that's any use.

One of the items on the link includes a modulator to give the Freesat receiver the equivalent of an RF Out socket.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom