• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Can I use an AV receiver to play audio from a usb stick in my TV

reubenno

Novice Member
Hello, sorry for the messy title.

I currently have a Panasonic TX-58HX800b and I'm watching content from a USB stick plugged into the TV.

I was wondering if it was possible to use HDMI arc on the TV to output audio to an AV receiver, and use that connection to play back audio from video files on a USB stick plugged into the TV.

I know that my TV cannot pass through lossless audio because it's only got a ARC not eARC, but I was wondering if this would be possible with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound (ac-3).

If anyone has any experience I'd really appreciate you helping me.

Thanks.

Gerry557

I dont see why not, set input on the avr to the tv input and you should be away.

You will have to select the right input on the tv to get the stick to play.

have you tested tv program out of avr ? It should be almost the same principal

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If the TV and AVR are both ARC enabled you can pass audio from the TV to the AVR - what you then have to confirm is which audio formats thevTV supports via its HDMI Inputs and which audio formats your Source supports.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom