Can i use an Aerial splitter off my Sky+ box

T

townfan63

I currently have 2 TV's connected to my Sky+ box and was wondering if it would be possible to connect a 3rd TV by putting an aerial splitter on the 2nd RF Output terminal and then connecting 2 TV's to it?
Has anyone tried this and does it work?

Cheers

malcolmk

Novice Member
That would work but unless your TV's only input is the aerial socket then surely there has to be a better way?

What are you trying to achieve?

Yes it will work but you might also need to switch the power option on for the rf2 output. I did have this setup a while ago as I was using a tv capture card.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes it will work but you might also need to switch the power option on for the rf2 output.
You do not need to switch the RF2 power on unless you require the use of a TV Link to remotely control the digibox.
The RF2 TV signal is always present whether the power is on or off.

Phragzy

Yes it will work but you might also need to switch the power option on for the rf2 output. I did have this setup a while ago as I was using a tv capture card.
Mate how do you turn the power on and off? just asking because my Grandad has Sky+ with a Tv link in the bedroom and well he changed the Tv in the bedroom yesterday and now the remote will not change any channels on Sky. I'm just wondering if he has somehow turned the power off.

T

townfan63

That would work but unless your TV's only input is the aerial socket then surely there has to be a better way?

What are you trying to achieve?
Hi Malcolm,

Basically what I have set up at the moment is:

2nd Sky Box in my son's bedroom with the following connections:

a) RF Output 1 = TV in son's bedroom
b) RF Output 2 = 2nd TV in the Kitchen via TV Link

I also have a standalone TV in the 3rd Bedroom/Study which currently has Terrestrial channels only

What I want to do is to split the feed out of the RF Output 2 so that it still has a lead to the TV in the kitchen via a TV Link but also has a lead fed to the TV in the 3rd Bedroom.

Would this work and could I also add another TV Link so that I could also change the channel on this TV without having to go into my son's bedroom?

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers

nickp8

Novice Member
Yes you can do the above.

You can add a splitter to the rf2 output on your sons box so you have one wire going to the kitchen and another to the 3rd bedroom. You can also use a tv link in the 3rd bedroom.

If you find the picture quality is not so good use a tv amp which supports tv links to split the signal.

I would recommend the Global F-120. It will amplify the signal and allow you to use the tv links at both locations. It does not require a power supply as it is powered from the rf2 output on the sky box.

You would bascially have the output from the rf2 on your sons box going to the input on the T-120. Then the two outputs on the F-120 going to the kitchen and 3rd bedroom.

See link below. F120 has 2 outputs. F140 has 4.
http://www.globalcom.co.uk/prod_blank.php?ProductsID=35

Nickp.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom