• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can I use a vga cable to send dvi signal?

dekoded

Established Member
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if it's possible to send a dvi signal through a vga cable, 10mtrs long?

I already have a 10mtr vga cable connected to my PJ via a vga-dvi adapter as the PJ only has a dvi socket, but I would like to upgrade the signal to dvi, can I just use another vga-dvi adapter on the source end of the vga cable and if so would the signal be inferior to a straight through dvi connection :confused:

dekoded

Established Member
A dvi video signal from a pc graphics card dvi socket.

Oh..I think I get it now :suicide:

Even if I use a pc graphics card with a dvi output in an attempt to get a better quality image, I will still only be getting an analogue signal through the dvi output if I connect a vga cable (using a vga-dvi adapter) to it, is that right?

Do all dvi pc graphics cards output both an analogue and a digital signal from the same socket (the white one) ?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom