Can i use a normal flat grey or white screen with ust projector?

kopmjj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm about to buy an ust projector and will only be watching in the dark, lights off and curtains shut during the day and night.

Cant I just make a diy screen either with white or grey screen material and be done with it?

Or is ust projector screen absolutely necessary?

The cheapest ust alr screen is £650 , I'd rather not spend that if I didn't need it.

Even in my viewing condition lights off etc would an alr screen provide better contrast than a standard white or grey screen?

Thanks for looking.

Yes you can use a normal screen with UST projectors, i actually use an acoustic woven screen with my Epson LS300 UST projector and couldn't be happier. The main thing is that the screen is flat with no wrinkles etc. Given your room conditions with no ambient light/sunlight etc you would definitely not need an UST ALR screen as you would be wasting money. Don't listen to anyone that tells you that you have to have an UST ALR screen with an UST projector as the reality is you definitely do not.

Brian

Yes you can use a normal screen with UST projectors, i actually use an acoustic woven screen with my Epson LS300 UST projector and couldn't be happier. The main thing is that the screen is flat with no wrinkles etc. Given your room conditions with no ambient light/sunlight etc you would definitely not need an UST ALR screen as you would be wasting money. Don't listen to anyone that tells you that you have to have an UST ALR screen with an UST projector as the reality is you definitely do not.

Brian
Thanks man just what I wanted to hear, do you have a link to the screen?

Yes just want to k ow if its completely flat to work on ust projectors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom