1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I use a MS Pearl Speaker as a centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Kryters74, May 31, 2005.

1. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a cheap wharfdale valdus centre as my centre speaker, but it has starting making funny noises (crackling etc). I am not having much luck with speakers as my MS pearl speakers which I was using as the rears, also developed a problem recently, but I tracked that down to one of them so the other one is fine. (I am currently using some mission M71i's as my rears)

Now this is a much better quality speaker than the wharfdale and as I can't really afford to upgrade right now could it be used as the centre channel?

Would there be any problems?

Appreciate any advice you can give me

Cheers

Nick

2. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Yes, it will be OK.

As the drivers aren't in the d'appolito woofer-tweeter-woofer configuration, though, you might need to experiment with positioning to get optimum performance depending on your room layout and listening position.

3. Kryters74

Kryters74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7

Thanks, I have been giving it a go.

The speaker sits underneath my TV and to be honest it sounds a lot better than the Valdus centre, it has a lot more depth to it and it sounds more under control (if that makes sense?)

Cheers

Nick