Can I stream Internet content from PC to HD TV and improve the picture quality

iybyisyl

Hi all, sorry very much a beginner in this.
I can presently connect my PC to a HD ready TV via a VGA lead and watch internet streamed movies or live sport, but the picture is not all that good, very kind of stuttering/not smooth. Can I improve the picture by fitting a graphics card with a component out or HDMI out socket? Does the graphics card improve the picture quality? Or do I have to purchase some other kind of interface?
If so can anyone make a recommendation
Thanks in advance

KalC

Hi all, sorry very much a beginner in this.
I can presently connect my PC to a HD ready TV via a VGA lead and watch internet streamed movies or live sport, but the picture is not all that good, very kind of stuttering/not smooth. Can I improve the picture by fitting a graphics card with a component out or HDMI out socket? Does the graphics card improve the picture quality? Or do I have to purchase some other kind of interface?
If so can anyone make a recommendation
Thanks in advance
What are the rest of your PC specs?

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing the content you are streaming is of very own quality. No hardware upgrade is going to improve that much, sorry.

iybyisyl

I'm guessing the content you are streaming is of very own quality. No hardware upgrade is going to improve that much, sorry.
Ok, say things like youtube, myp2p, streamed video of this nature......?
As for PC specs not sure, will find out and repost with detail, thanks for the advice so far.....

iybyisyl

What are the rest of your PC specs?
Hi KalC, Ok let me tell you what I think I know, these are my father in laws word, none of this makes sense to me but might to you hopefully?
Forgive me If I get this all mixed up.. here goes.... no laughing at my ignorance please....:eek:
ASUS Motherboard K8V-VM
AMD sempron processor(tm) 3000+ 1.79 GH 704 MB of ram
284 DPR Dim socket up to 2Gig
AMD 64 tech 32 Bit

Oh dear it all looks so wrong:facepalm:
Thanks

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Ok, say things like youtube, myp2p, streamed video of this nature......?
Yes, that's all very low resolution stuff. It's a low quality source, so won't get any better with new hardware.

Hi KalC, Ok let me tell you what I think I know, these are my father in laws word, none of this makes sense to me but might to you hopefully?
Forgive me If I get this all mixed up.. here goes.... no laughing at my ignorance please....:eek:
ASUS Motherboard K8V-VM
AMD sempron processor(tm) 3000+ 1.79 GH 704 MB of ram
284 DPR Dim socket up to 2Gig
AMD 64 tech 32 Bit
That looks like a fairly old/slow PC. It's fine for what you're doing now though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom