Can I split DAB rooftop aerial x 2

Archie303

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Pure DAB radio in my kitchen fed by a rooftop Aerial which I installed myself. I currently get about 97% signal strength.

I am considering purchasing another DAB/FM radio for our bedroom and was wondering is it possible to just split the DAB aerial cable in the roofspace and feed it to both DAB tuners?

Would there be signal loss or can you put a booster on it? Also what connections would I need to do this if its possible?

The same questions apply to my rooftop FM aerial. Is any of this possible?

Thanks

P.S. Recently when switching on the kitchen radio I get a hissing noise before the channels kick in, although this cannot be heard once the station begins to play. What could cause this?

IIRC, you lose 3dB per feed when splitting so it'll be fine a you appear to be in an area of good signal strength.

Thanks, but do i just use a normal coax tee and connectors. The same ones I would use to plug in my TV aerial?

Don't see why not. An 'F' splitter should be better though.

P.S. Recently when switching on the kitchen radio I get a hissing noise before the channels kick in, although this cannot be heard once the station begins to play. What could cause this?

dont quote me , but probably just the reciever not muting the incoming signals before feeding the chosen channel to output

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom