Can I Share Amazon Prime With A Family Member

Garrett

Reaction score
I just logged into my Prime viewing and spotted there are some live football matches on and although I no interest in watching them my father would so wondering does Amazon allow sharing and can only one house be using the service at the same time?
Also I notices some matches are in UHD and not listed as non UHD would a non 4K TV be able to view them albeit not in 4K?

If yes to the sharing how do you set the second TV up for it?

Prime Video

• Ways to Watch:
    • Streaming: Prime Video titles are available for online streaming. You can stream Prime Video titles online through your Web browser, and Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top-boxes, Fire tablets and other compatible devices. For a list of devices compatible with our service, visit the Compatible Devices page on the website you are using to access Amazon Prime Video at the following links, PrimeVideo.com, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de or Amazon.co.jp (device compatibility may vary by location). You can stream up to three titles at the same time using the same Amazon account. You can stream the same title to no more than two devices at a time.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
If your Dad has the Amazon Prime Video app on his TV login to it using your details.
Prime Video

• Ways to Watch:
    • Streaming: Prime Video titles are available for online streaming. You can stream Prime Video titles online through your Web browser, and Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top-boxes, Fire tablets and other compatible devices. For a list of devices compatible with our service, visit the Compatible Devices page on the website you are using to access Amazon Prime Video at the following links, PrimeVideo.com, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de or Amazon.co.jp (device compatibility may vary by location). You can stream up to three titles at the same time using the same Amazon account. You can stream the same title to no more than two devices at a time.

Know if I already use it on 3 devices at my house as in my ip address I can still use it at an other so long as we're not using at the same time(not totally clear about the Ways to Watch)?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Managed to get it work on my dads tv for some reason it was not coming up with the log in code to register his tv and was told by Amazon to delete my registration and then try and was given a link when I went to it I saw some I did not recognise i.e. in Hawaii :confused: and found that was my TV so re registered it then tried my dads and that went in OK .

Question the match he interested in is one showing UHD but he not got a UHD set and there no standard version showing if he clicks on that tomorrow will it still show in non UHD?

Be interested to know this as well, only have full hd tv set

Managed to get it work on my dads tv for some reason it was not coming up with the log in code to register his tv and was told by Amazon to delete my registration and then try and was given a link when I went to it I saw some I did not recognise i.e. in Hawaii :confused: and found that was my TV so re registered it then tried my dads and that went in OK .

Question the match he interested in is one showing UHD but he not got a UHD set and there no standard version showing if he clicks on that tomorrow will it still show in non UHD?
Be interested to know this as well, only have full hd tv set
My sister used my Prime account on her 1080p tv last Xmas and I'm sure I clicked on the UHD copy of Grand Tour and it played ok even though that was HDR too. The TV just downscales to 1080p.

I just noticed under the UHD the match I set it up for my dad it has no Prime banner.
I thought Amazon was getting these matches in at the same time as there 3 month as a temptation to get long term subscribers.
Anyway not long to see if it turns out fre or not(BTW not watched any sports events on Prime so dont know how it works just know on films and TV no Prime corner babber and you pay).

I watched Jack Ryan using my none 4k Youview box and 1080p TV and noticed the title specifically said it was the 4k HDR version. So I'd suggest it's a yes to that question. Of course after realising it was 4k I moved rooms and watched it on my new 4k TV in the other room and I'm glad I did.

I just noticed under the UHD the match I set it up for my dad it has no Prime banner.
I thought Amazon was getting these matches in at the same time as there 3 month as a temptation to get long term subscribers.
Anyway not long to see if it turns out fre or not(BTW not watched any sports events on Prime so dont know how it works just know on films and TV no Prime corner babber and you pay).
Looks like its in with Prime the one my dad wants to watch. I don't know as it did not have the Prame banner across the corner and even on Sky there spor you sometimes have to pay for.
BvsMC.jpg

Great set everything up for my dad comes to switch Prime on his TV same as yesterday before I registered it nothing. Goes back home to de register TVs, like I was told and first of all goes back round to dads same big Amazon banner with play in middle then comes up go to helpline which I did yesterday and did everything they said and that worked.:confused::mad:
Allowed me to re reg my TV but not my dads.

Your device does not support streaming of live sports message comes up on my oled ec930v , very annoying. any idea what I can use to view the footie?

Your device does not support streaming of live sports message comes up on my oled ec930v , very annoying. any idea what I can use to view the footie?
I looked on my mothers Amazon Fire and although I got into Prime on it Football was not on it.
EDIT
Just got it on my Fire

I looked on my mothers Amazon Fire and although I got into Prime on it Football was not on it.
EDIT
Just got it on my Fire
Thanks, yeah borrowed my sons fire stick, that appears to work (tried rerun of games played last night & they worked), will test for sure tonight

You can share your Amazon prime account with a family member at no extra cost they have to have an Amazon account and you link it to your prime account I do this with my daughter and she has me on her Netflix account all above board.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191206-015836_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-015836_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 130
Darn Amazon or BT or my parents TV went round this morning to set the football up for my dad and went to Prime and its not registered with Amazon again so deleted there registration, and still could not get back in so had to de register my TV which then there TV popped the code up.
Why the hell does my parents TV keep getting unregistered and Im having to de register mine to get their working. It can be that they hardy use as I even used it less on my Fire and that's stayed registered, or is it the web address?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom