Can i set my DMRE100 to record from a EPG?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cwoj, Jul 26, 2004.

1. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Last week i bought a panny DMRE100 DVD recorder. A cracking unit i might add, and worth saving the pennies for!!

Only now, i think? i need to buy a more up to date freeview box and relocate the old one into the bedroom. :devil: So my question is which one should i go for? I'd like to be able to record for the EPG? is this possible? will the panny change the channel etc or am i limited to timer recording only? do any units allow you to record one freeview channel and watch another?

Thanks in advance

Cwoj

2. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump...anyone?

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    I am not sure what you mean but I use a TUCT30 freeview box with a HS2. I set the timers on the freeview box and press the external link button on the HS2. The freeview box then switches onto the right channel and then activates the HS2. Once finished, the HS2 switches off. It is possible to set up to 24 timers on different channels.

I have it connected to the AV2 input of the HS2 using RGB. The output of the freeview box is shown on the TV through the HS2 when AV2 is selected as the channel. I just browse the channels then press record.

You can't watch and record two different channels. I have a IDTV so I use that to record and watch two different digital channels.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Pace twin????
    2 TUCT-30s?

5. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies, i donlt think i have a timer function on my digital box, i will have to check tho?

Given that, i thnk the only way around it, is two digital tuners? although you lose the programme details being added.

thanks