Can I set a call credit limit with a vodafone contract?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dynamic turtle, Aug 25, 2006.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,

I just called vodafone customer services to see if I could set a call credit limit on my mobile (so that if it gets nicked without my knowledge, they can't ramp up a £300 bill etc.).

Apparently they can't do this! I'm on Anytime 75 (£20 per month). I also have a phone on the O2 network, and I have set a call limit of £40.

Why can't Vodafone do this too? It's madness? What if you want to regulate your teenage daughter's expenditure? Looks like you have to use PAYG :mad:

DT

2. phatspider

phatspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    who is your service provider? if its vodafone direct they can do it - its called a vodabudget

3. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    well, I called their customer services dept and they said it wasn't possible. I'll mention the "vodabudget" service when I call them to set up a text package.

4. MinervaUK

MinervaUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just to clear up any confusion, Vodafone previously offered a service called Vodabudget which monitored mobile phone usage and call charges.

Vodafone made a decision to withdraw this service from being added to accounts from March 2006. The main reason being that, as call data is calculated 72 hours behind on the network; Vodabudget could become unreliable if there was a large proportion of usage in a short space of time.

Any accounts that currently have Vodabudget haven’t had this service removed; it’s a case of no longer offering this as a new service.

There are ways to monitor the usage of your phone yourself. These are listed below.

1) – online billing (as an account holder you can go to www.vodafone.co.uk then select the My Vodafone option, this allows you to view your billed and unbilled usage over the internet)
    2) – calling to get the balance by sms (dialling 191, selecting option 2 then option 1 sends out an automated text message to your handset covering the minutes used and unbilled usage amounts)

Again, with each of the above options, these are still subject to a potential 72 hour call data delay, but it gives you peace of mind that you can personally monitor your own (or teenage daughters) usage.

I hope this helps.