Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Can I send it back?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Bill not Ben, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Bill not Ben

Bill not Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Merry Christmas all,

I've got a Tosh 36ZT29 and in the top left and down the right side of the screen are brown stains. I assumed these were because it was a new tele and would disappear over time, after 2 months use they haven't.

Can I send the TV back? Who do I contact, Robertsons or Toshiba?

Also, where are these black bars every 36" is supposed to have? Mine seems to be free of them.

TIA

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    I would say get in touch with Robertsons if that is who you bought the TV off. If you get no satisfaction from them I would then get in touch with Toshiba.
    As to the black bars what do you mean? Some sets do have a thin wire that holds the grill aperture to the screen, or do you mean the black bands either side of a picture when showing a program in 4:3.?

3. Bill not Ben

Bill not Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give robertson a shout in the new year.

As for the black bars, I've seen a few post of people complaining about black bars on 36" widescreens. Apparently all 36"ers ave em except moi's

Cheers

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    By the way the stains could have been caused by a magnet, if it is the set may need degaussing.
    The set will do this to a point when you switch the set off. I switch of and un-plug at night. Also do not have un-shielded speakers near by. My parents use to have a Sony set that caused blue arcs in the corners, caused by the sets own speakers and they had to un plug the set for about 2 hours for them to disappear.