Can I send analog teletext to projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bigal202, Apr 26, 2007.

1. bigal202

bigal202
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Since I've ditched my tv for a projector (PT-AX100E), the missus keeps reminding me that my brilliant plan means she's no longer able to get the teletext subtitles on when watching french movies (from free analog sat channels, 5 West).

This is my new setup:

analog sat receiver --- [SCART] ---> liteon DVD recorder/player ---> [component] ---> AV receiver ---> [component] ---> projector

Is there a gadget out there that would allow me to grab the teletext signal and somehow add back to the component signal so that I can watch it on the projector. My projector also supports composite signal and HDMI in case the solution needs to involve those.

All solutions are very welcome.

Thank you very much
    Al.

2. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +585
    All you need is an analog tv receiver of some sort, such as a pccard. As far as i remember (been awhile since i have own a vhs) vhs recorders don't normally have the buttons required to access teletext.

An other option is to use freeview and digital text, which is pretty similar.

Does the analog sat receiver support teletext?

If all else fails, I can pretty much guarantee that keane.co.uk will have the gadget for you.