Can i return and cancel my Vodafone iphone 4 contract ive just got?

TRIXXY DIXXY

I'd ordered a Black iPhone 4 on a 24 month contract through the Vodafone website and have just picked it up tonight from my local store.

I've now come home to hear the news that Three are to sell the White iPhone 4 from tomorrow.

So I'm wanting to know if I can cancel my new Vodafone contract and return the phone. I've not taking the iPhone or SIM out of their packaging.

Cheers

trixxy.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

dc8900

Distinguished Member
most contracts usually allow a cooling off period (something like 7 or 14 days), I'm pretty certain you just need to exercise that

big-al123

yes, just blame poor coverage either at home or work. "say its bad 3g coverage!!!!!"
a friend did this last month with o2.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I think if you bought from the voda website they will be under obligation with the distance selling regs. They would probably swap it for a white one for you rather than lose the custom.

TRIXXY DIXXY

I'll give them a ring tomorrow to sort out returning it, then order a White one from the Three website.

I think only Apple, Three and O2 are selling the White iPhone to start with. None of the other carriers have made any announcement about it.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I'll give them a ring tomorrow to sort out returning it, then order a White one from the Three website.

I think only Apple, Three and O2 are selling the White iPhone to start with. None of the other carriers have made any announcement about it.

As far as I know all suppliers of the iPhone 4 in the UK will be selling the white version from tomorrow.

Vodafone UK already supplied one last week by mistake.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/22/white-iphone-4-sold-by-vodafone-uk/

Steven

Senior Moderator
Just bear in mind the contract and handset are separate entities, so before cancelling the contract just ask whether they will swap out black for white ;) If not, then proceed to play the game

jaybro187

as already stated, before trying to cancel see if they will be having the white one and see if they will swap it. The fact you have not opened it or activated the sim will make it loads easier to do. even if you had though you can still swap or cancel it anyway distance selling or not as all carriers must have a 14 day cooling off period

wassa

Banned
as already stated, before trying to cancel see if they will be having the white one and see if they will swap it. The fact you have not opened it or activated the sim will make it loads easier to do. even if you had though you can still swap or cancel it anyway distance selling or not as all carriers must have a 14 day cooling off period

This is correct they have to take it back i did this myself some time ago

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom