Can I replace my YouView non recording box with a recording box and not have to change subscription?

archy86

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased Talk Talk TV and I added the additional Entertainment Boost package to get National Geographic, Discovery etc..

I was led to believe that I could do 7 day catch up TV on these channels but that was not the case and I'm unable to cancel. Instead I would have to pay an extra £10 per month to get a recording box and change of subscription from Essentials TV to Plus TV.

I was wondering though, rather than pay the extra £10 per month, if I were to buy a Freeview recording box or a YouView Talk Talk recording box, would this allow me to record Discovery channel etc?

Or do the people at Talk Talk actually need to allow me to record the subscription channels such as Discovery?

I doubt there would be any issues recording BBC1 etc but unsure with the subscription channels.

Any help would be aprieciated,

Thanks

As far as I know you can't record any of the streamed programs on any YouView box, only the Freeview channels can be recorded.

Mark.

Streamed channels work exactly the same as Freeview and can be recorded. Its the on demand programmes which cannot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom