1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i remove screen burn?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gazgits, Feb 18, 2005.

1. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi after coming in from work today I was horrified to see that my HIT 5200 now has a permanent cbeebies symmbol in the top left corner. Apparantly the kids had been watching it all day. Is there anything i can do to repair this or Is it now permanent. Please help, absolutly devastated, only had the set 1 month

2. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you go into the menu there should be an option to wash the screen it takes lifespan off the panel though. alternativley ive just managed to get screen burn off 2 pioneers using a dvd of englands greatest world cup goals that came free with the paper last year. it did take a good few hours though

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, if it's not too bad, the screenwash should work. try it for 30 secs.
    try not to get too worried though, as burn is common and should disappear given a day or so.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Play from a full screen video source with no logos and no black bars - hopefully you'll see that the image retention will go, although it may take some time. Alternatively, if you go into the menu you should see a screen saver option which will show a completely white screen.

I've got a Hitachi 5300 and the kids watch Boomerang for hours on end with no lasting effects.

HTH

John

5. gazgits

gazgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok thanks for your help fellas, I have got up this morning and the symbol is still there, although it has definatly improved, will try the screen wipe.

Thx again

6. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi

Try running something like toy story through it a few time and it should go away

Many thanks

RON