Can I record SKY+ recorded programs into Vista MCE?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by spontin, Apr 24, 2007.

1. spontin

spontin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Sky+ box (HD actually) and I want to use the option to Copy a recorded program from the Sky box into Vista MCE.
    I have a SCART lead from the Sky box into AV1 scart of an Acer Idea 500 and can see the Sky TV output in Vista MCE but can't see a way to record this. Any ideas?:lease:

Also can't get the channel guide in MCE to tie up with Sky channels????

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. mminghella

mminghella
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I can't get Vista MCE to see my TV card properly yet, so pardon my ignorance...

Can you not set it up so that the video input is displaying the picture from your sky+ box in Media Center? After this, you should be able to record like any other channel.

As I say, I'm a bit ignorant of this, but I'm basing my ideas on Power Cinema which allows you to change the video input and record it- my card is a hybrid tuner with S-Video capture. I've done this for Sky+. The only downside is that it won't scan the channels as it is not a "true" tuner signal - if that makes any sense :confused:

3. Naqv

Naqv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Doesn't Sky+ have copy protection on some programmes? So does MCE btw.

4. tinners

tinners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    If you can see it in Vista MC you should be able to just record it.

When you set up Live TV you should have gone through the steps to get it to work with your SKY box including setting up the program guide.

The program guide setup should have had the option for you to enter your postcode and then download the SKY program guide for your area.

You should be able to use the MCE receiver to change channels on your sky box using the little IR emitter it comes with. i.e. when you select a program in the guide on the Vista PC the channel will change on your SKY box.

Pretty sure most of the channels are OK to record this way. Except box office of course. When on your Media Center would recommend DVRMSToolbox to reduce the size of the recordings.