1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Record One Freeview Channel and Watch Another Freeview Channel

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cheekymonkey, Mar 29, 2005.

1. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guidance for a newbie please ! :lease:

I am close to buying a Panasonic TX32DTX40 TV with built in digital/freeview tuner and a Panasonic DMR-EH50 DVD/HDD Recorder. :)

Just thought though...If I am recording a channel via freeview, say ITV2, and want to watch another freeview channel such as BBC3 can I do this or does the TV have to be locked to just one freeview at a time? :eek:

Not sure if this is a general 'issue' or if there is a specific response to this TVmodel - couldn't find anything in Panny's literature/website.

Thanks !!

2. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You only have one digital tuner :thumbsdow , so you can only record/watch 1 channel at a time, need to get a 2 digital channell TV ? if it is done or a seperate freeview box, or a non digi tv and a twin tuner box Thompson DHD4000 I got is excellent :thumbsup:

3. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - thought it was the case but thought I'd ask.

As I've not had freeview before I'll see how much we watch it and if needs be I'll buy a set top box - Sod's law is that there'll be two programmes you want to watch on at the same time :thumbsdow

4. TheBaron

TheBaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I can't recommend the Thompson DHD4000 highly enough, excellent Program guide and recording quality and ease of use. Think about one of them and a good analogue (or DTV- three channells !!) TV.

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_17769.html

Only downside is I watch more TV now and play less games on this PC ;)

5. avio

avio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Panasonic TX32DTX40 and the picture on freeview is excellent, so you wont be disappointed on that score.
    When you record from the digital tuner and then try changing the digital channel it wont let you unless you agree to unlock the tuner, or you can switch to analogue and choose another channel.
    I've got a digibox plugged in as well which I only tend to use if I'm recording using the built in tuner.

6. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks avio

I don't think this will be a major issue - you just think it's going to be don't you !! (never happy! :suicide: )

I am like a little kid at the mo and can't wait to get the set bearing in mind that my current is a 14 year old 18 inch museum piece !!! (no comments - just laugh quietly to yourself :rolleyes: ) The change for me is going to be massive in more ways than one.

Also, am pleased with the deal I got from my local Panasonic store buying this set with the new DMREH50 DVD/HDD recorder - roll on Thursday.

thanks for your post - helpful to know this.