1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i record F1 race using a Jvc Dr-m1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gatekeeper, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will i be able to record a F1 race approx 3 hrs long using this machine . if so what will the quality be like compard to video tape

2. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course you could. You can record any signal you get for up to 6 hours.

In it's 3 hr mode the quality will be MUCH better than VHS and I think it will record at about 400 lines.

The only noise will come from your signal and mpeg compression artifacts with very little video jitter and a high signal to noise ratio.

The sound will have unnoticible levels of hiss unless your signal has it.

It will also output in prog scan if you have a compatible display which SHOULD (but is yet untested) remove the jaggies from the diagonal lines which mark the sides of the track.

The quality is so good that at first you may have difficulty telling the difference between the recording and the live broadcast but you will get sensitive to the mpeg blockiness over time but it won't be a problem like VHS.

Colors will also be far more saturated.

Hope this helps. A dvd recorder at it's worst is still better than VHS at its best.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that :)
    by the time it comes out the F1 season will almost over :(
    any idea when we will get a review for it

4. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, no idea, I'm waiting for a review myself as it's a unit I'm really interested in.

Cheers,
    Cal.