Can I Purchase Vita Games on my U.S Account & download via PS3 to use on my UK account?

Floyd AVF

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the answer online.
I know the Vita is limited to one account per console so that scuppers purchasing any U.S releases to play with my UK account.
However, as the PS3 and PS4 offer no such restrictions, is it therefore possible to purchase a Vita game on my U.S account, download to PS3 and then sync my Vita and install the game on my Vita to play with my UK account?

I'm guessing no ones tried this?

Vita digital games are region locked. So US games can only be play on a US account. So even if the PS3 side is US as soon as you copy across the US game it won't play on your UK account. I've never actually tried it but I don't think it will work for the reasons above.

Vita digital games are region locked. So US games can only be play on a US account. So even if the PS3 side is US as soon as you copy across the US game it won't play on your UK account. I've never actually tried it but I don't think it will work for the reasons above.

I suspected that may be the case.. cheers for the confirmation

It's a pity that the Vita doesn't work like the PS3 when it comes to account handling. If it did Sony would have sold an extra couple of Vitas in my house as the kids would have them. As it stands we can't share content so they don't have them.

I don't get why they've restricted the Vita to just one account when both PS3 and 4 allow multiple.
Makes no sense at all

Yep, I would have purchased more if I could get them from the Canadian store during sales etc... I usually leave it to ps+ to supply my Vita games.

Yep, I would have purchased more if I could get them from the Canadian store during sales etc... I usually leave it to ps+ to supply my Vita games.

Agree. Have had a vita for nearly 3 years and in that time have bought only bought 3 physical games: AC Liberation, Football Manager and Final Fantasy X/X-2. I've bought two digitally, Broken Sword and Arkham Origins, and the DLC for Gravity Rush.

I also got FIFA 13 and Wipeout 2048 digitally but I think I got FIFA free buying a memory card on Amazon and Wipeout was a deal through Vodafone. I also have LBP physical which came with the Vita.

So in total 5 games and some DLC bought in 3 years, the rest from PS+ - through which I am cuirrently enjoying Grim Fandango Remastered.

I would happily buy more but there has been so much quality through PS+ [Everybody's Golf, a couple of LEGO games, Rayman Origins, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, Grim Fandango, Motorstorm, Need for Speed, etc] I haven't needed to :)

Yeah it irks me as well at the minute to see some of the deals passing through PSN in other countries. I would have been all over Soul Sacrifice Delta from the Canadian PSN if I actually had any easy means of playing it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom