1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I promote an Ebay Item within this forum?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by hollie.weimeran, Apr 20, 2005.

1. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Canon 75-300USM lens listed on ebay. Can I promote this item within this forum without falling foul of the forum rules?

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,460
    If there was related discussion I don't think you would be censured for adding to it and somewhere mentioning: "I'm currently selling one of these on eBay if someone wants to have a search" (probably in brackets). But if you weren't adding to the thread and it looked like you'd only entered it to promote your item it runs the risk of being deleted. At least that the common sense approach I think has run here in the past.

But now you've mentioned what you are selling you probably are falling foul of forum rules :)

Mike.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    I would tend to agree with what Flimber has said,as you have already mentioned not only the item,but it's description and place of sale....a better course of action would have been to PM one of the forum moderators and ask for advice.

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,482
    It seems to depend on wind direction as much as anything else as to whether it's allowed or deleted.

Why not kill the auction & list it the classified here instead? Plenty of EOS owners here & no ebay charges. :smashin:

5. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand what you have said but there is actually nothing that will identify me as the particular seller as there are a number of these items for sale.

Thanks for the replies - what I was actually hoping to do was to put a direct link to the item, which I will not do now :rolleyes:

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It would have to be a no, things bought on the forum can be sorted out if things go wrong. It gives buyers/traders some protection. If you want to put it up for sale in the hardware section, then you may place a link to that. But you'd have to remove it from ebay.

Cheers

7. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, apologies if I have broken any rules - it won't happen again.

8. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Noo it's ok:)

If you have no joy on ebay bang it on the slales section and stick the link here;)