1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I plug in my Hi-Fi?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ray013, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Ray013

Ray013

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to purchase an amp and speakers to start my home cinema / entertainement system. I currently have a newish Hi-Fi which unfortunately only has 1 aux slot so my record player (yes! record player) is plugged in to that. What I'm looking for is the ability to plug my TV, Video, Satelite, PS1, record player and stereo into an "entertainment system", do most amps available have this sort of facility or do I have to start from scratch? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.:rolleyes:

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ray nearly every AV amp on teh market will allow you to plug in these sources. Its what they do.

There are still some add on processors about that you can connnect to your existing amp. This will provide the inputs you need and centre and surround speakers. You can leave your gramaphone:rolleyes: and cd connected to your current amp and connect every thing else to the add on processor.

Or you could buy a whole new AV amp and re use the current amp on your PC or something.

Rog

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    If you have an existing amp and want to keep it and only have one tape input and out, you can get a switching box from QED, I have on and it expands one of my tape ones to three. Also Yamaha do a good surround processor E800 I think! and can be got for around £260, £300 list.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.