1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I please my wife with a few less inches?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rickmorley, Oct 12, 2003.

1. rickmorley

rickmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking into buying a 36" CRT (probably Sony) or an even bigger RP TV.

My wife is very concerned about the TV dominating our living room. For the sake of domestic harmony, I might consider getting a 32" CRT instead.

My viewing distance is between 3 and 4 metres - is a 32" big enough for sports viewing at that distance?

I know Loewe do 32" TVs but not 36"s. THey are the Which best buy this month - are they worth the extra dosh?

Thanks for any help.

2. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting for a Tosh 36zp38 from John Lewis's. Similar size concerns to you, although I did create a cardboard cut-out of the fascia & depth.

Hopefully it won't be too wide (it's narrower than some 28" sets from 12 mths ago. If it is too big though, I should be able to get them to swap it.

Like most things, I suspect it will look big to start with but we'll get used to it after a couple of days.

Best to aim big - otherwise you'll never know what you could have got anway with.

3. ianbe

ianbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my spouse. Basically, if it's bigger than the current tv, then it's too big!

I had a heck of a job getting clearance to upgrade from a 25'' 4:3 to 32'' widescreen. Eventually she agreed to the purchase when she saw the proposed upgrade - a Loewe Aconda.

For a few days she complained that it was 'quite imposing', but within a week she was singing it's praises. Now she wouldn't settle for anything less.

She'll come around - I promise.

4. DoogyDawg

DoogyDawg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sorry but just had to jump in on this one to say, thats the best subject line I have seen in a long time, well done matey, very funny:D