Can I play PAL (UK/Europe) games on a US PS3?

K

karldomingo

Can I play PAL (UK/Europe) games on my US PS3?
Sorry if this has already been answered but the PS3 FAO doesn't advise this.

Pebb

Distinguished Member
You can play Pal PS3 games on the US PS3, but it is mainly up to the developers if Pal PS3 titles will be region free.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Yes you can play PAL games on a US PS3. This applies to PS3 games only though. All PS3 games are currently region free whether they be US, Japanese or UK. More then likely they will remain region free in the future.

By the way if you had done a search then you would have found several threads on the subject. No real reason to start another one.

trip

Yes, PAL games even play on an import (NTSC) PS3 in standard definition. That's what I'm doing currently. Well, I only have Motorstorm in PAL and that works perfect.

I've just ordered a 40" HD TV :thumbsup: Hopefully worth all that dosh.

MattZani

Banned
sony realised people were importing and using bootloaders, so they made it easier!

That Kid Chris

Standard Member
Does it work the other way around - NTSC games in PAL consoles?

I don't think all the games are region free, all of PAL packs have regions on the back of them.

trip

I believe NTSC games in PAL consoles works too, and despite the region information on the boxes, up to now I've read they are all region free, which is only good news. :thumbsup:

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Does it work the other way around - NTSC games in PAL consoles?

I don't think all the games are region free, all of PAL packs have regions on the back of them.

Yes it does work the other way too. Although all the games have region coding on the back of the cases it doesn't mean anything just like with PSP gamers. All PS3 games are region free regardless of where they are from.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom