Question Can I play music just through the back speakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Swainy, May 14, 2018.

1. Swainy

Swainy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have Yamaha RXA3050 AVR and Dali Zensor 7 - 7.1
    Rears (Zensor 7’s) are near my patio window at the back of the house and I’m looking to play music only through these for parties outside on the decking (I can turn them round to point outward).
    Question is, can I isolate the rest without much hassle?

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,120
    I'd suggest it easier and a more practical solution to add another pair of speakers and assign the remaining 2 spare channels of amplification to power them in a second audio zone.

You'd have to reassign amplifcation and you'd potentially compromise your YPAO calibration when moving speakers if you do as you suggest. The back speakers would also need to be connected to different terminal on the rear of the receiver to facilitate what you want to do.

3. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,108
    If it is just for the occasion of a party and not for daily use. On party days you could just swap the speaker terminals around on the back of the AVR, so connect those speakers to either front left and right, or maybe easier to go for zone 2, then play music in stereo. And put everything back to how it was the morning after the party.

The practicality of this will, I think, depend on how easy it is for you to get access to the rear of the AVR.

4. Swainy

Swainy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not an easy option then either way, my next project is kitchen speakers using zone 2, so that’s out of question.
    Looks like I’ll just have run all 7 for garden parties, Neighbours will be thrilled [emoji23]

5. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,120
    You could add a cheap 2 channel amp at a future date if wanting a third zone? You could use this to power either the kitchen speakers or another pair of speakers in your garden? Maybe even look into using MusicCast speakers in your kitchen in order to leave the 2 remaining channels of amplification free to power speakers in the garden?

6. Swainy

Swainy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wife has been tolerant so far with the purchases, only bought the second pair of Zensor 7’s at the weekend (bargain at £400, 6 month old and immaculate, nice guy who’s a member on here, honourable mention.) so more speakers are off the agenda for the minute. I usually just take my Bose outside but fancied the extra ooompff.

How does MusicCast work?

7. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,120

MusicCast is a proprietary wifi protocol used by Yamaha. It allows you to wirelessly stream audio from the receiver to MusicCast enabled speakers and or devices. It also allows you to use MusicCast to stream audio to Bluetooth enabled receivers, headphones or speakers.

MusicCast - Yamaha - UK and Ireland