Can I play games from the US on my UK PS3 in the UK?

streether1995

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a UK ps3 80gb, and I've really wanted to buy Skyrim. After realizing how expensive it is, I looked over on Amazon US, and found it for $45, about £30. If I can get it to me here in the UK, is there anything preventing me from playing it on my ps3? Any problems I may encounter at all?
Thanks

I live in the US and i have friends that merch American games to Europe and UK and they have never had problems with them

aceytrixx said:
The only possible issue would be dlc as it may need to be bought from the us store but thats not a major issue

Unless you have a US PSN account but in your case, there may be a problem with it

The game will play fine as long as it is in HD. But as has been said you will need a US PSN account to purchase DLC for the game (if there is any, and using a US PSN card which you can usually get off eBay or from a friend in the US).

Once downloaded using the US PSN account you should be fine to then play that content under your normal UK PSN account (have only experienced an issue in one game - MLB - where I had to use the US PSN account to actually use the DLC).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom