can i modernize arcam alpha system?

jcr71

Established Member
Reaction score
i purchased my system about 20 years ago. alpha 10 integrated and power amps, 7se cd player, 7 radio and ruark prologue 1r speakers.
i still love the sound of the system and feel no urge to replace it.

i was wondering if i can modernize it with a component so that it will stream internet, play dab etc like modern systems do?

if so what would people recommend?

thank you.

Ignoring the pile of poo that is DAB, there's a huge range of options. What specifically do you want to stream & how much do you want to spend?

Last edited:
As @RBZ5416, says, huge scope here but here’s a starter list from cheap to expensive, all can stream from a server/network drive/pc, connect to streaming services (Spotify, tidal, qobuz), play network radio, some have bluetooth (some vIa an adaptor) and some are compatible with Apple playand even amazon had music Service. Some can also act as a stand alone preamp.

so starting at around £20 there is the now discontinued Chromecast audio, then Yamaha WXAD1, Nord Acoustics East Stream, Raumfeld streamer, Bluesound Nide 2i, Audiolab 6000n, Nad 658, Cambridge CXN, Cambridge 851n, Naim ND5, Linn Sneaky and then finally auralic aeries. There are a load more so a few more details and it can be whittled down to a couple to go and listen to.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom