Can I keep my old dish?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dazza74, Jun 12, 2009.

1. dazza74

dazza74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,394
    Having Sky HD installed on Tuesday and I'm wondering whether I'll be able to keep the old dish, do they normally treat it as a new installation and put a new dish up with the two feeds?

I only ask as I've an existing freesat HD box and seems a lottery over which Sky HD box you get as to whether you can pickup ITV HD currently.

2. kenedin

kenedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    They may not put up a new dish if the present one is serviceable. They'll certainly install a quad LNB and you'll still be able to keep your Freesat box hooked up.

Of the three box types currently being installed from new ( Samsung, Amstrad & Pace ), only the Pace has been updated with the new EPG/OS. The others are waiting their turn, hopefully in the next few weeks. The new software will enable you to manually add ITV HD. Lots of threads on this in the Forum here.

Whichever box it is, make sure the installer performs a software update, and pairs the box with Sky so that all the Sky+ functions work, and you get all your subscription channels.

3. RostokMcSpoons

RostokMcSpoons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My dish was replaced (without me asking)... but he re-used the old arm. So I've got the *just* the dish, and the old quad LNB sitting in my garden. Is it worth anything?

4. wellfan

wellfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Worth absolutely hee haw. Bought on ebay, etc for less than a fiver each!!!!!!!!!!!