• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can I keep 4K pass through amp when HDCP2.2 arrives?

AVRAG

So I understand my current amp is not HDCP2.2 compliant therefore it will not communicate with HDCP2.2 sources eg 4kBluray (when it arrives). However it does support 4K pass through, so what does that mean!?!? Is there a work around without having to buy out for a new amp?

Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated. Ta.

fxv300

no hdcp2.2 means not able to send any protected media across the amp to TV.
For HDCP2.2 to work all components must have HDCP2.2 capability.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Is there a work around without having to buy out for a new amp?' - there will be, expect to pay around £150 :)

'So is there an option to send source to a HDCP2.2 TV, and send sound to amp from the TV?' - if your player has Dual HDMI Output and the abilty to individualy set the Outputs to match the Sink device (Display, AVR etc) yes.

Joe

fxv300

HD Fury4 seems a bit vague about HDCP.
HDCP supported (Integrated HDCP decipher engine, Pre-programmed HDCP key).
Anyone has one of these with 4K success ?

1080 jawbreaker

the Chinese have already taken care of hdcp 2.2, no need for the over priced Fury Integral.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom