1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I intergrate audio receiver to PC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by spiderman999, Jun 17, 2005.

1. spiderman999

spiderman999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yamaha RX - V390 RDS receiver not working? When plugged in and switched on, nothing happens. I've checked socket and fuse etc.

I was told by a local electrical shop that it was transformer that had gone, but someone as suggested it may me the on off relay switch?

I know that is not state of the art kit, but if I can get it fixed, maybe I can use it s a stepping stone. Or even attcah to my computer speakers?

Can I use normal hifi speakers with it and attach to my PC?

Am I even in the right forum?

Regards Spidey. :lesson:

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    My trust would tend to be with the experts, but if the transformer had gone I would consider the amp a write off. I would consider getting the amp assessed by a repair center. You can negotiate the cost of assesment before hand. £20 is a pretty normal figure. They can then tell you what is wrong, if it can be fixed and if so for how much. You are free to take it from there.

Many people use ordinary home cinema amps to power their pc sound. It can be very impressive. Connectivity depends on type of souncard and inputs on amp.