Quantcast

can i install IPTV app on Sony Bravia W kdl55w829

john4444

Novice Member
can i install IPTV app on Sony Bravia W kdl55w829 ??
or hoe do i get IPTV on Sony Bravia W kdl55w829

Smart networking is powered by the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN). With a massive range of apps, including YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, LOVEFiLM, Twitter, Facebook etc, and an application-based browser for the most well known sites, plus a web browser for internet access (display of embedded video may be restricted), this TV offers a wealth of choice.

You just need to connect it to your internet router, ideally via a cable though it is also wireless

john4444

Novice Member
thanks for ya reply and ya time
its connect it to your internet route and i got YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, LOVEFiLM, Twitter, Facebook etc
but i cant see IPTV for live tv on the sony tvs :(

Ok you need a separate box , Raspberry Pi is lowest cost but you may need some programming skill. Do remember to check the legality of watching foreign content though

novi

Novice Member
hamzeh, I think you are using the latest sony smart tv with android as the one owned by john4444 does not have the capability to install third parties app other than those already installed on the tv

novi

Novice Member
My bad, I must to say I never noticed that OTT player was in the app list on the Sony TV talked about here. I did not even know this was an IPTV client and I am so glad it works perfectly.
Thanks hamzeh

boobba

Novice Member
I installed ottplayer can not see the movie, but I can not watch the channels live. when I enter the channel tells me "error not found streaming". I have 10 megs of internet, you may be the reason why it does not work? or are there other issues I should know? thank you

novi

Novice Member
I installed ottplayer can not see the movie, but I can not watch the channels live. when I enter the channel tells me "error not found streaming". I have 10 megs of internet, you may be the reason why it does not work? or are there other issues I should know? thank you
Sorry my friend I dont realy understand what is working and what is not, you said you cannot watch the movie but you "cannot" watch the channel, ok maybe is a mispell.
What did you load in OTT and how did you do it? Please provide steps so to understand.
If you don't know what you did try with VLC and see if you can watch the movie or the streaming channel you are trying to watch.
If fails in VLC please detail as much as possible as to give me a hint on whether you trying to use OTT Player to make a laundry or a coffee.
:)

novi

Novice Member
Sorry for too much sarcasm, what I am trying to say is to give details on what you are trying to do with steps to understand whether you are doing it correctly or not.