Quantcast

can i install auto unprotect on Foxsat HDR and if so, how?

roza333

Standard Member
hi
i have been searching different forums regarding this. i have installed raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.9, but it doesnt contain auto unprotect. How can i install it on HDR to automatically remove ENC from HD recording?
regards

petrev

hi
i have been searching different forums regarding this. i have installed raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.9, but it doesnt contain auto unprotect. How can i install it on HDR to automatically remove ENC from HD recording?
regards
Hi,

No such method for the FoxSAT - The FreeView T2 method uses an exploit of the system implemented for SD recordings and tricks the T2 into decrypting HD as if it were SD. SD is not encrypted on the Sat version so there is no built in method to exploit.

:(
Pete

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
See post 715 in the custom firmware thread.

petrev

Current thread is part 3
Ah - No forward link at the end of part 2 !

Links that help . . .

http://www.avforums.com/forums/18051843-post715.html - Post 715
The attached experimental patch might be interesting to some. It stops an HDR with the custom firmware from encrypting new recordings in any mode. Existing encrypted recordings will play, but they will remain encrypted on the hard drive.

Copy the zip file to /tmp on the Foxsat HDR. Telnet or ssh in to the HDR. Type

Code:
# cd /tmp
# unzip patch.zip
# tar xvfz patch.tar.gz
# ./runme.sh
Wait for it to complete (5 seconds). Then put your HDR into standby using the remote control or the front panel control. If a recording is in progress or imminent (within 15 minutes of start), wait until it's finished. Power it back up when it will let you.

To undo, use
Code:
# ./runme.sh remove
Future updates from Humax will stop this workaround from functioning.

Although I've given it a thorough testing on my own box, it is highly experimental and you use this at your own risk.
Interesting . . . Keep reading on in the thread for more info and updated method . . .

Last edited:

roza333

Standard Member
hi
Thanks to everyone for prompt answers. I guess I just stick to recording HD content in non-freesat mode. Maybe someone will solve that in the future by adding dedicated firmware for Foxsat-HDR. Thanks again.

petrev

hi
Thanks to everyone for prompt answers. I guess I just stick to recording HD content in non-freesat mode. Maybe someone will solve that in the future by adding dedicated firmware for Foxsat-HDR. Thanks again.
Hi

Post 740

Here you go. Unzip the contents of the attached file, drop it in the root of a USB stick, and insert the stick into your HDR (must be running custom firmware already) which is already switched on. Then wait a minute.

[: settop-patch.zip

Put the HDR into standby, then power it up again. Remove the USB stick and have a look at settop-patch_4.0.9_mips.opk.install.log. It should end with "Install done" and not contain any error messages.

Note that (as it's not from the "official" repository) this package does not show in the web interface's list of installed packages.

To remove it, you need to telnet/ssh in and type

Code:
opkg remove settop-patch
and then put the HDR into standby and power it up again.

To check it's installed, use telnet to check whether "settop-patch" is listed amongst the installed packages, using

Code:
opkg list-installed
If you've installed the patch previously using the "runme.sh" method, this package will safely overwrite that -- there's no need to remove the old patch beforehand.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/atta...oxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-3-settop-patch.zip
Seems to do what you want - Unless I am missing something ???

Pete

roza333

Standard Member
thanks petrev. i just thought that this might be unstable and untested software so i might have done original firmware unstable, but i think i will give it a go. thanks for thorough instructions.
regards

Hunt

Standard Member
Can you please re-post that file as the site is being updated and the current link is dead ;(

Top Bottom